Sunday, July 23, 2006

HOT

Oh, my ears and whiskers, as some rabbit once said. It's HOT. Bloody hot.

Grumbling? Well, just you try wearing a fur coat in this. I wish They would stop teasing me about it.

The other night a fabulous thunderstorm struck Sheen and it rained, hard. I went out in it and got a good, powerful, cooling shower. Tom came down at about 3am to have some muesli and found me thoroughly enjoying cooling off in the wetness. This is ideal, because he then felt it incumbent upon him to dry me vigorously with a tea-towel. Being dried does great things to the fur: it comes out fabulously soft and fluffy and I love it.

Tom says I must be the only cat in the world that likes getting wet. I don't quite believe this. But I do urge caution, dear cat-owners, before you try inflicting this experience upon your own beloved kitties: it's true that certain of my co-furrists are a bit squeamish about water.